http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/rotdoci.html

Brave Girls Club

Brave Girls Club

Lafiorevida



Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Talent & Inspiration!!

I want to post (and brag) about my nephew, Matt!!  He is a very talented drum player and is already playing professionally!!  I'm so proud of him that I just need to take a minute and share this with everyone.  Matt has been playing drums for years now - practicing, taking lessons and even competing in state competitions.  Matt and his friend Jeremiah have been playing at a restaurant in Chicago called Reza's Restaurant.  Jeremiah is a very talented musician who also happens to be blind.  They play jazz on either a Friday or Saturday night at Reza's.  Here are some pictures of them:

I'm so impressed that they work so hard to be able to play professionally at their ages.  Matt is only 15!!  I also want to mention that it takes really wonderful parents to get to this level as well.  You really need to stand behind your kids with encouragement - financially and with your own time!!  I can't wait to see what the future holds for these young men.....

No comments:

Post a Comment