http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/rotdoci.html

Brave Girls Club

Brave Girls Club

Lafiorevida



Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Handcrafted ring swap

I was recently in a swap for handcrafted rings.  The swap was to make two rings for each of our two partners.  I just discovered making this kind of jewelry and it is so much fun!  It did take me a long time to think of designs because I have never made rings before.  I loved the whole process!  Take a look -

For this one I used wire to make a nest and then added a bird to it and attached it to the base.  Easy but so cute!!  I love birds and I just wanted to make a fun ring that was a bit unusual.  
These rings are made from memory wire.  I didn't realize they made memory wire for rings but it is really cool because you don't have to worry about the size of the ring.  The beads just roll over your fingers and the rings fit very comfortably.  I put half of the clear beads on and then a focal bead and then the last half of the clear beads.  So simple and easy!
More pictures:




What do you think?  I was really proud of them and had a hard time sending them away!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment