http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/rotdoci.html

Brave Girls Club

Brave Girls Club

Lafiorevida



Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

So Hot !! What is a girl to do?!?

Living in Chicago this past week has been so miserable!!  It looks like most of the country has been excessively hot this past week.  Last night I stepped outside and I couldn't believe the heat.  I don't think I have ever felt heat like this here.  It was 90 degrees at 10 pm!!  When it is this hot out the best thing to do is to find a project in the air conditioning.  I started rearranging my art room.  I wish I would have taken a picture before I started it so that I could show you a before and after but I didn't even think of it.  When I get an idea I usually jump in and should probably stop and give it more thought.  I was even feeling a bit overwhelmed last night and started wondering what I got myself into!!  Lol!  When it is all done I will take some pictures to share. 

A lot has been going on over here at the Aubert house.  My youngest son, Gabe, was in a serious car accident on Friday.  It was so scary and I don't really want to relive it but I will tell you that everyone is okay.  One of his friends had to go to the hospital for a ton of stitches on his head but will be okay.  Gabe's car is totaled but all in all it could have been much worse and I am so thankful that the boys are okay.  It really was scary and I'm just so thankful......

Ben, my oldest, started a real job at a factory this week.  He will be working full-time during the day and then he also starts college at the end of August.  He will take all of his classes in the evenings and I think he has one on Saturday too.  I hope he can handle all of this work!  It is a lot for a person but he is strong and very motivated. 

I haven't blogged in a long time and I do have a lot to talk about.  I thought that today I'd do a short catch up and I am going to try to get on here everyday so that I can keep up.  So for today the picture I will share is of Ben on his first day at his new grown up job.  Stay cool everyone and drink lots of water!!! :)
 Oh my gosh!  I am a bad sister!  I should also mention that today is my baby brother's birthday!!  Alex is 22 today.  He is just back from Afghanistan and is going back to college in the fall.  Happy Birthday, Alex!!!  Love you!
me, Rick, Alex, Nikki (my younger brothers and sister)

No comments:

Post a Comment