http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/rotdoci.html

Brave Girls Club

Brave Girls Club

Lafiorevida



Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 22, 2011

My baby sister is amazing!!

My little sister is so smart, so talented and so driven!  She will be 26 in about a week and has already had such an amazing career and has met so many really cool people.  She worked for Obama while he was campaigning for president.  Of course he got the job - my little sister helped!!  While her former employer went off to Washington she stayed home and worked with Mayor Daley until he retired.  She was all over the city with the Mayor - right by his side.  She has traveled, met amazing and famous people - it is just the beginning!!  Imagine what she will be able to tell her grandchildren one day!  I am so proud of Nikki!  It is a little scary when you lose your job in this economy but she has already snagged her next adventure!  She is going to be in public relations for Blue Cross Blue Shield in Chicago.  I hope they know how lucky they are to have her!!
Of course I felt the need to show her how proud I was so I made a cute card for her.  She loves handmade cards and I knew she appreciate it.  I look this class by Christy Tomlinson called 'The She Art Workshop'.  Christy is a wonderful teacher and her She Art girls are adorable!!  Here is the link if you are interested in the class: She Art Workshop
I made this card for Nik from the things I learned in Christy's workshop.  Check it out!
She is cute, isn't she?!?  By the way, I know I use a lot of explanation points but it is totally how I'm talking to you in my head!!  Lol!  I even painted the envelope to match the card.  It was so much fun to make.  I think I'm going to paint all the envelopes I send out from now on!  Do you think the electric company will mind?!? 
Morgan (my niece), Nikki (my sister) & me

No comments:

Post a Comment